My Baked Brie Recipe Collection:
Baked Brie with Cranberries Recipe in Puff Pastry
Recipe serves about 10. Serve it up with crackers, sliced baguette, apple slices, and nuts.
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 (8 oz.) round of triple-cream brie
2-3 tbsp. toasted sliced almonds
1/4 C. prepared port-and-fig cranberry sauce (click for recipe)
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp. whipping cream
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and lightly oil a flat baking sheet.
2. Roll out your thawed sheet of puff pastry a bit.
3. Put your wheel of brie on top of the pastry. Leave the rind on the cheese for the best result.
4. Spread cranberry sauce (or the filling of your choice) over top of the brie. Sprinkle with almonds.
5. Wrap pastry sheet up around cheese and make a little bundle on top. If you want a really clean presentation, you can put the almonds and cranberries directly on the pastry and put the cheese on top of them, bundle the pastry up and trim as needed, then flip the package over before baking. This will give your baked brie puff pastry recipe a cleaner presentation. But it's up to you how you'd like to assemble it!
6. Place your pastry-wrapped brie on the prepared baking sheet.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and whipping cream.
8. With a pastry brush, brush top and sides of pastry with egg/cream mixture. This will give your baked brie with cranberries a nice glossy finish.
9. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let this baked brie recipe cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Baked Brie Appetizer with Lemon and Garlic
Serves 5-10, depending on how much other stuff you make with it and how piggy your eaters are.
1 8 oz. wheel of French brie cheese, very cold
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 to 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. fresh lemon zest
1-2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt, to taste
Instructions: 1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a pie plate or other oven-safe dish.
2. To prepare your cheese for baking, use a very sharp knife to slice off the rind only on the top of the cheese (this will be easier if the cheese is cold and firm). Be sure to leave the rind on the bottom and sides completely intact, or the cheese will go everywhere as it melts.
3. Set cheese in your prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, and oil. Drizzle over the cut top of your brie wheel. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake about 20 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and gooey.
6. Let cool slightly --about 5 to 10 minutes-- before serving.
Sweet Baked Brie Recipe Glazed with Kahlua and Walnuts
One thing that makes this tasty little brie appetizer recipe even better? It comes together in approximately three seconds. (Okay, okay... more like 10 minutes.)
Serves 5 at my parties, but up to 10 if you don't have big eaters like I do.
1/3 C. chopped walnuts
2-3 tbsp. Kahlua
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 (8 oz.) wheel of brie cheese
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a pie plate or other oven-safe pan.
2. In a small non-stick skillet, cook walnuts over medium heat until toasted.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in Kahlua and brown sugar.
4. Place your cheese round in your prepared pan. Spread Kahlua/walnut mixture over.
5. Bake about 25 minutes, or until cheese and topping are gooey and bubbly. Let this baked brie recipe cool a bit before serving with bread, crackers, and sliced apples and pears.
Free Newsletter and Monthly Downloads
Want your download now? You'll get a free Crockpot Cooking eCookbook just for signing up!
Sign up below.
Easter's on its Way
The date for Easter falls on April 20th this year!
Take a look at Easter Dinner and Party Planning for recipes, edd dye tips, assembling Easter baskets, and more!
And plan to make this adorable...
It's so cute, it may be the best thing you do this Easter.
You Might Also Like...
If you're planning a dinner party for the Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday or want some appetizers for a cocktail party, take a look at:
After all, what better way to pass on your knowledge than to share it with other hosts and hostesses?
2007-2015 by Divine Dinner Party.com. All rights reserved.