Cake Recipes Fourth of July:
- American Flag Cake Recipes
- 4th of July Cake Ideas
- 4th of July Cupcakes
- EASY! 4th of July Dessert Ideas
- Fourth of July Recipes for Cakes
- July 4th Dessert Recipes
- MORE Fourth of July Dessert Recipes
There's almost too much to choose from... so have fun and do something special with your cake recipes this Fourth of July!
Patriotic July 4th Ice Cream Cake Recipe
I love this easy patriotic cake recipe for the Fourth of July! With the cool and creamy ice cream and fresh fruit, it's the perfect ending to a 4th of July BBQ. Plus, no matter how good a regular cake might be... there's nothing in the world quite like an ice cream cake.
This 4th of July cake recipe idea calls for a prepared 10" angel food cake, but you can also use a white cake or a pound cake... whatever you like! The angel food cake keeps it light... and it's even lighter if you sub low fat frozen yogurt for the ice cream, and Cool Whip for the whipped cream frosting.
This ice cream cake recipe for the Fourth of July serves about 12.
1 pre-made 10" angel food cake
1 qts. REAL strawberry ice cream
1 qt. vanilla ice cream, softened
1 qt. blueberry (or other blue-colored) ice cream; OR
1 qt.vanilla ice cream mixed with blue food coloring, as needed
2 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
Blueberries (for blue in flag)
Halved pitted cherries, raspberries, or sliced fresh strawberries (for red stripes)
Instructions: 1. Take vanilla, blueberry (if using), and strawberry ice creams out of the freezer to soften.
2. With a bread knife or sharp knife, carefully slice your prepared angel food cake into four layers. Set aside.
3. If using blue-tinged vanilla ice cream rather than blueberry ice cream, when your two quarts of vanilla ice cream have softened a bit, separate it in half and put half into a cold mixing bowl. Stir in blue food coloring as need to make blue ice cream. Or just buy and use a blueberry ice cream... it's easier and probably tastier, too.
4. Place your first layer of angel food cake on a cake plate. Top with the blue-tinged vanilla or the blueberry ice cream. Immediately place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
5. Place another cake layer on top of ice cream. Top with plain vanilla ice cream. Immediately place in the freezer for another 10 minutes to firm up.
6. Place another cake layer on top of ice cream. Top with strawberry ice cream. Top with your last angel food cake layer. Immediately place in the freezer until topping is prepared.
8. To prepare whipped cream topping/frosting, beat your heavy cream in a chilled mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Beat in the powdered sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form.
9. Frost cake with whipped cream frosting.
10. Decorate as a flag with your chosen variety of fruit. Freeze until ready to serve. Remove from freezer about 10-15 minutes before serving.
One of the most popular cake recipes for the Fourth of July you'll ever make!
Red Velvet Cake: A July 4 Patriotic Cake Recipe
But it also makes a really fun and patriotic cake recipe for the 4th of July! With its red insides and white frosting, you can decorate it however you want... as a flag cake, with berries and raspberries making a red, white, and blue star... however you like!
After the basic recipe, you'll find a few options for decorating this cake recipe Fourth of July style.
Cake serves about 8.
2 1/2 C. cake flour
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 lg. eggs, at room temperature
1 C. buttermilk
1/4 C. red food coloring (don't skimp!)
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. unsalted butter, softened
1 C. Marshmallow Fluff
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 C. powdered sugar
Instructions: 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and generously butter and flour two 9" cake pans.
2. Into a medium mixing bowl, sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer on medium high speed until creamy. One at a time, beat in the eggs on medium-high until well incorporated.
4. Beat in a third of your flour mixture, followed by a third of your buttermilk. Repeat two more times until all flour and buttermilk have been incorporated.
5. Beat in the food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
6. Divide batter evenly among your two cake pans. Bake until tester comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Meanwhile, make the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together on medium speed until creamy and well mixed. Beat in marshmallow creme.
8. Add powdered sugar bit by bit, until frosting reaches the desired consistency. Beat in vanilla extract.
9. When cake is completely cool, frost sides, top, and between the layers of your cake.
10. If you like, decorate this cake recipe Fourth of July style, as suggested below!
Note: To decorate as pictured above, separate out a small quantity of your frosting before decorating the cake, and dye it blue with food coloring. Dot onto your cake to create a fun pattern.
Red and Blue Star Cake
To make this version of your red velvet cake recipe for the Fourth of July, simply purchase a pint of raspberries and a pint of blueberries.
Set the raspberries around the edge of your cake, and create a star shape in the middle with the blueberries. This is a lot like a flag cake!
Simple Blue Star Red Velvet Cake
I think this is an elegant version of this 4th of July cake recipe idea. The inside of the cake is red, and the outside is white and blue... so it doesn't really look like a cake recipe for the Fourth of July until you slice into it!
To decorate this cake, simple purchase one or two pints of blueberries, and arrange them on top of the cake in a pretty star pattern. A very elegant 4th of July cake recipe idea.
Star Shaped Patriotic Cake Recipe
I love this idea for any of the 4th of July cakes on my main July 4th page. Take your basic cake recipe, and bake it in a star-shaped cake pan instead of a traditional round pan.
Now you have lots of decoration options! You can simply leave it white, decorate it with blue and red fruit, splash on blue and red sprinkles, or color some frosting and use that to decorate your cake. Have fun with it... no matter what you do, the star shape will keep it looking patriotic.
Fun Blueberry-Topped Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes
I love this simple, fun, and elegant use of a red velvet cake recipe, Fourth of July style! To do this, use this red velvet cake recipe to make cupcakes. Pipe on a mound of frosting with a decorator's tube (letting some of your red cupcake show through, and place a little circle of fresh blueberries on top of each cupcake. It's a ton of fun, and really elegant and cute.
Simple Swirl Fourth of July Cupcakes
For these cute cupcakes, you take a simple 4th of July cake recipe idea and highlight it's simpleness with uncomplicated decorations.
To make these cupcakes, the frosting was simply piped on in a swirl design, and topped lightly with blue sprinkles. There's little enough frosting that you can see all of the red cupcake, plus the white frosting and fun blue sprinkles. Fun, simple, and easy!
Free Newsletter and Monthly Downloads
Want your download now? You'll get a free Crockpot Cooking eCookbook just for signing up!
Sign up below.
You Might Also Like...
Looking for cake recipes this Fourth of July because you're plannig a party? You might also like:
Easter's on its Way
The date for Easter falls on April 20th this year!
Take a look at Easter Dinner and Party Planning for recipes, edd dye tips, assembling Easter baskets, and more!
And plan to make this adorable...
It's so cute, it may be the best thing you do this Easter.
After all, what better way to pass on your knowledge than to share it with other hosts and hostesses?
2007-2013 by Divine Dinner Party.com. All rights reserved.