11 Creative Date Ideas... Part 2!
7. Do their favorites.I think the best creative date ideas are the ones that celebrate your love for your partner. A great way to do this is to spend an entire evening celebrating your partner's favorite things. Go out to their favorite kind of show, whether it be the ballet or a basketball game. Have dinner at their favorite restaurant or cook their favorite kind of food. Or be silly and buy one of their favorite items at each of their favorite fast-food chains, and serve it with their favorite drink. The sky's the limit.
8. Transform your space.Sometimes you don't have a lot of money to spend on putting together the perfect romantic evening for an anniversary or birthday. But that doesn't mean you can't have one! Having a romantic evening is more about creating a special feeling than spending a lot of money. And a great way to do just that is to take an everyday space in your home --like your dining room-- and transform it for a day. Decorate the table with rose petals and place candles on every surface. Put twinkle lights, plants, Valentine's decorations, and anything else you can think of in the room. With a transformation like that, even the simplest of dinners (like this ultra-easy romantic menu) will taste divine.
9. Let them take it easy.This is a simple but creative date idea-- and is especially great for a woman who is used to doing everything around the house. If your wife or girlfriend is usually the one responsible for keeping the house clean... do it for her! While she's at work, hire somebody to clean the house from top to bottom. Then have a great dinner catered. When she comes home to a sparkling clean house and a dinner she doesn't have to cook (or clean up after), she'll feel romanced indeed!
10. Be kids for a day.Being silly is definitely compatible with being romantic-- so go for it! One of my favorite creative date ideas is to do something that "adult you," would never think about. Go to an amusement park and then have hotdogs for dinner. Play a round or seven of mini-golf. Or, best of all, go to your favorite childhood restaurant (like Chuck-E-Cheese or Peter Piper Pizza), stuff your faces, and play games together 'til you drop. Don't want to go home with a pile of silly plastic toys? Give your tickets away to kids who don't have many of their own... and remember how exciting that would have been when you were their age.
11. Spend a day at the beach-- even in winter.Setting up something in your home is a great way to transform any occasion into a true anniversary or Valentine's Day tradition. During the chilly months, nothing feels quite as good as a little heat and sunshine... even if you have to make it yourself! Crank up the heat, put on you bikini and swim trunks, and treat your partner to a day at the beach. Decorate with beach towels and beach toys (beach balls, buckets, etc.), and add images of fish and other sea life. Blast your favorite Beach Boys or Jack Johnson CD, and forget that the sun ain't shining outside!
← Go back to PAGE 1 for more creative date ideas
Sign up for my free newsletter, and get a free e-cookbook or other fun download sent right to your inbox every month. Plus, you'll get access to all kinds of goodies you won't find on the website!
Free Newsletter and Monthly Downloads
Want your download now? You'll get a free Crockpot Cooking eCookbook just for signing up!
Sign up below.
Planning Something Romantic?
If you're planning a romantic evening for an anniversary or Valentine's (or just because), let us help! Visit:
For plenty of help planning.
Share and share alike! If you have a great dinner party idea or tip, send it in!
After all, what better way to pass on your knowledge than to share it with other hosts and hostesses?
2007-2015 by Divine Dinner Party.com. All rights reserved.