Grilled Hamburger Recipe Ideas
Grill Hamburger Recipe Toppings and Condiments:
Vegetable & Fruit Toppings:
Spinach (cooked or raw)
Grilled zucchini or eggplant
Relish (or corn relish)
Grilled pineapple rings
Apples, thinly sliced
Sauces & Condiments:
Cooked Canadian Bacon
Prepared beef chili
Hamburger Bun Recipe IdeasWhile hamburger buns are the most traditional way to complete your grilled hamburger recipe, of course, there are plenty of other great ways to serve a hamburger or cheeseburger. For people on low-carb diets, you can serve your burger patties plain or on a bed of lettuce or spinach. Or, if you're looking for a special touch, you can serve your hamburgers on bagels, toasted or grilled bread, English muffins, in pitas or naan bread, on croissants, in baguettes or French bread, even on (I swear I've heard of this) Krispy Kreme glazed donuts.
However, I'm a traditionalist. And though I can never pass up a patty melt cheeseburger served on grilled pumpernickel bread, I'm a sucker for a really
great --and very traditional-- hamburger bun recipe. And, of course, homemade hamburger buns are best. Check out the recipe below for very good, very
easy to make homemade hamburger buns. No bread machine necessary, though I suppose you could use one if you liked.
This is an old Taste of Home recipe that makes really great hamburger buns, really quick. You don't need to plan hours in advance to get this hamburger bun recipe finished on time-- they rise in just 10 minutes, and cook up beautifully. Fresh buns are always better than store-bought, so whenever you have a little extra time, homemade hamburger buns like these are a great way to take a simple grilled hamburger recipe to the next level.
Quick Recipe for Homemade Hamburger Buns
Like wheat buns (which are especially great with veggie burgers)? This recipe works great with wheat flour, as well. Makes 8 medium buns.
Instructions: 1. Pour warm water into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast on top.
2. Gently stir in oil and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes to activate yeast.
3. Add the egg and salt. Add enough flour to make a nice, soft dough, generally 3 1/2 C. is perfect, though you may need less.
4. On a floured surface, knead dough until it begins to feel smooth and elastic, about three to five minutes.
5. Without letting the dough rise, divide it into eight pieces, and shape each into a ball.
6. Place dough balls on greased baking sheets, leaving plenty of room for them to expand-- they grow a lot.
7. Cover dough with a cloth and let rise about 10 minutes in a warm place.
8. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
9. Bake rolls 10-12 minutes, until golden.
10. Cool on racks and serve with your favorite grilled hamburger recipe.
These burger toppings aren't only great for a beef grilled hamburger recipe. Try them on veggie burgers, too!
Sign up for my free newsletter, and get a free e-cookbook or other fun download sent right to your inbox every month. Plus, you'll get access to all kinds of goodies you won't find on the website!
Free Newsletter and Monthly Downloads
Want your download now? You'll get a free Crockpot Cooking eCookbook just for signing up!
Sign up below.
2007-2013 by Divine Dinner Party.com. All rights reserved.