11 Romantic Date Ideas
So read on for great ways to make their Valentine's Day, birthday, anniversary, or any occasion truly special.
As a bonus, we've even got a great romantic date idea that you can celebrate with your kids!
11 Creative Romantic Dates, Part 1
1. A romantic picnic-- indoors or out.One of the best romantic date ideas ever? A romantic picnic. There's nothing quite like sharing a bottle of wine on a sun- dappled blanket and whiling away hours together talking, laughing, and simply enjoying one another. Can't count on the weather? Sometimes it's even more fun --and a lot more creative-- to move the whole thing indoors. Take your basket, blanket, and picnic recipes and supplies, and move them into the living room. Want to make it feel extra special? Move all of the houseplants into that one room, open the curtains wide, and do everything you can to create a outdoorsy atmosphere in your home. A great Valentine's day idea for chilly February!
2. A long massage.This one is sort of a cross between a romantic gift and a romantic date! Spend an hour taking turns giving massages, or spoil your partner rotten by simply massaging them. Heat it up with an erotic massage, or keep it nice and relaxed with soft music and candlelight.
3. Cooking or baking together.Some of the romantic date ideas that turn out to be the most fun are ones where you do something together. Cooking together can be a great way to have a date. Want to make it fun and special? Make your partner's favorite cookie or dessert for him or her, while your partner does the same for you. Or make it a competition, each of you preparing your favorite dish or dessert, and deciding whose is best.
4. Have fun with music.Sometimes in the desire to do something special for a date, you get all wrapped up in "staying entertained," and forget the small joys of simple things, like listening to music. Light some candles (or a fire!) grab your iPod, and put on some of your favorite tunes.
Even better, make an activity out of it. Each of you can put together a playlist of your favorite songs, or your favorite romantic songs, or the songs that remind you most of your high school years. There are countless ways to go about this. Want to get to know each other better? Each of you can put together a playlist of songs that represent something in your life, and tell a story for each one about why you chose it.
5. A scavenger hunt.Romantic date ideas don't always have to be about quiet candlelit evenings... they can also be about adventure! If you're planning a special date for Valentine's Day, a birthday, or an anniversary, let your partner's search for his or her gift become the date itself. Hide the gift, then have your partner follow clues that take them around the city (or just around the house) in search of their gift. Have fun with it!
6. Let the kids in on the fun.Have kids and want to celebrate a romantic anniversary together? Sometimes you can easily find a sitter and have the evening to yourselves. But sometimes you can't-- and sometimes it's even more fun that way! Want to celebrate a romantic occasion with your kids? Put them to work planning and serving a romantic evening to the "special couple" (that is, you and your spouse)!
Explain the special occasion to your kids, and let them know you want their help. Then have the kids help come up with and create menus for you to use. Ask them to help set up a fancy table and assist with the cooking, if you like. Then have them wear their Sunday best and pretend that your home is a restaurant for the evening. When you and your spouse are ready for dinner, go outside and knock, and let the kids answer the door, treating you to a romantic night together. The kid will feel special, needed, and included, and you'll all feel closer as a family. A romantic date idea the whole family can be part of!
Sign up for my free newsletter, and get a free e-cookbook or other fun download sent right to your inbox every month. Plus, you'll get access to all kinds of goodies you won't find on the website!
Free Newsletter and Monthly Downloads
Want your download now? You'll get a free Crockpot Cooking eCookbook just for signing up!
Sign up below.
Planning Something Romantic?
If you're planning a romantic evening for an anniversary or Valentine's (or just because), let us help! Visit:
For plenty of help planning.
Share and share alike! If you have a great dinner party idea or tip, send it in!
After all, what better way to pass on your knowledge than to share it with other hosts and hostesses?
2007-2015 by Divine Dinner Party.com. All rights reserved.