Valentines Day Gifts to Make:
And fun to make, as well!
Choosing Valentine's Gift Projects
More Homemade Gift Ideas
- Ideas for Homemade Valentines Gifts
- Homemade Gift Ideas and Romantic Gestures
- Valentine Gift Ideas
- Romantic Night Ideas
- Last Minute Valentines Gifts to Make or Buy
You'll find lots of great ideas for Valentines Day gifts to make for just about anybody.
If you ever feel unsure whether a gift you're considering making is "too much," the best option is probably to avoid giving that item at all... or to tone it down a bit. Because Valentines Day can be relatively intimate, it's better to be understated than to project something you never intended.
Thoughtful, Non-Romantic Valentine Gift Ideas:
Gifts for Parents, Siblings, and More
Gifts for MomWhen thinking of Valentines Day gifts to make for Mom, remember... most mothers appreciate things they can use. Here are some fun ideas for gifts you can make that your mom may love:
- Find coupons for all her favorite chocolates or treats and make them into scrolls on sticks (i.e. a bouquet of savings)
- Younger children can put together hug or chore coupon books and bring a huge smile to Mom's face (a good one for Dads to help with)
- Give mom the whole day off from doing anything other than being pampered by the whole family-- be her slaves! And make sure part of it is cleaning the house!
Gifts for DadIf your family is anything like mine, coming up with Valentines Day gifts to make for Dad is hard! Most men aren't all that easy to shop for. But you can actually put that to use when coming up with a gift idea for Dad. He probably doesn't want anything but to know that you care... and that's easy to show him! Some ideas are:
- Homemade coupon books that focus on things that he really cares about. If your dad is the mechanic, for example, give him "clean garage" coupons. If he's the gardener, provide "mow the lawn" certificates instead.
- Younger children could serve dad his favorite breakfast in bed. Or give him a foot rub. Or both.
- A homemade photo frame (or a painted, decoupaged, or crafted purchased frame) with a photo of the whole family.
Gifts for Friends and RelativesFor siblings and friends, I like to make homemade Valentines cards and perhaps skewer a few kisses on wooden sticks with leaves ("sweet flowers for sweet friends"). Homemade sweets and cookies always go over well, too! A batch of cookies or chocolate covered strawberries is always my go-to gift for friends and co-workers.
If you have a lot of people to make gifts for, I love the idea of a Valentine cookie on a stick, like the ones pictured here. Bake 'em up, wrap them in plastic, tie closed with a ribbon, and watch the recipients' eyes light up.
More Intimate Gifts:
Valentines Day Gifts to Make for your Partner
2. Candy Heart Message. Another fun Valentines Day gift to make is the Candy Heart Message. It's fun and really silly! Get several bags of Valentine's candy message hearts and assemble the hearts into groupings that have a special message for your sweetie. Gather the candies into a mesh with ribbon then have them try to unscramble your messages.
3. A Month of Love. Consider making the entire month of February an occasion! Come up with a different small project or gift every day to present to your partner. One day you can have a poem, another day a special goodie you pack in his or her lunch, day three might be a photograph of the two of you tucked into a brief case, and so forth. This is also a good Valentines Day gift to "make" for any other occasion.
Guidelines for Making Valentines Day Gifts
- Give yourself enough time for your project
- Keep the project appropriate for the recipient (i.e. give it the right message)
- Make the item meaningful to the person receiving the gift
- Don't be afraid to be funny or playful if it suits the moment (romance isn't always serious)
- Avoid over-reaching. If you can't make the whole gift yourself it's ok. Buy any components that seem beyond your talents-- it still counts as homemade!.
Overall remember to enjoy what you're doing. If you don't like the project it's likely the recipient won't, either.
Free Newsletter and Monthly Downloads
Want your download now? You'll get a free Crockpot Cooking eCookbook just for signing up!
Sign up below.
You Might Also Like...
You can find more ideas for Valentines Day gifts to make right here at Divine Dinner Party! Check out:
Easter's on its Way
The date for Easter falls on April 20th this year!
Take a look at Easter Dinner and Party Planning for recipes, edd dye tips, assembling Easter baskets, and more!
And plan to make this adorable...
It's so cute, it may be the best thing you do this Easter.
After all, what better way to pass on your knowledge than to share it with other hosts and hostesses?
2007-2013 by Divine Dinner Party.com. All rights reserved.