What to Cook for Easter Dinner:
Full of fun flavors, spice, and bright spring ingredients, this menu is the best thing for a cheerful family celebration. But if you're looking for more traditional Easter menus, I've got lots of those here at Divine Dinner Party, too! Check out:
- Traditional Ham Easter Menu
- Pork Roast Easter Menu
- Lamb with Mint Easter Dinner Menu
- Mediterranean Lam Easter Menu
- Honey Baked Ham Recipes
- Easter Dinner Ideas
Easter Ham with Chipotle-Pineapple Glaze
If you like lots of flavor, this is what to cook for Easter dinner. It's intense, it's smoky, it's unique... and it's probably the best recipe for ham you'll ever taste.
I also love that the heat is adjustable. Like it a little spicier? Leave the seeds in your chipotle peppers, and maybe toss in a few extra just for kicks. Prefer to keep it mild or are serving kids, too? Take out the seeds. You'll get all of the flavor and not too much heat. This is definitely what to cook for Easter dinner if you're looking for adaptability.
1 (5-7 lbs.) smoked, sliced ham
1 C. brown sugar, well packed
1 can (10 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
2-3 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded
1-2 tbsp. adobo sauce (from your can of chipotles)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. cold water
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place ham in a large baking dish, the cut end facing down.
2. With a sharp knife, score the skin of your ham in a tight pattern (if it doesn't come pre-scored). Bake for 15 minutes to get it started.
3. While ham is baking, prepare the glaze. To make the glaze, combine the sugar, pineapple, chilies, adobo sauce, nutmeg, and ginger in a blender. Blend well until smooth.
4. Pour this mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
5. Mix the cornstarch with the water until dissolved, and whisk into the simmering sauce. Cook until thickened.
6. After the ham has baked 15 minutes, brush it with the glaze.
7. Baste ham every 15 minutes until heated through, which should take one hour or so. When it's ready, the internal temperature she be 140 degrees or so.
8. Serve any extra glaze as a dipping sauce on the side. Then watch your guests demand that this is what to cook for Easter dinner every year.
Garlic Mashed PotatoesMashed potatoes are always a wonderful idea for what to cook for Easter dinner. And I thought about including my recipe for garlic mashed potatoes here... then I realized that I do it a little differently every time.
Pretty much every home cook has a go-to recipe for mashed potatoes. To make your best-loved recipe for mashed potatoes the perfect match for this menu for Easter dinner, simply add a clove or two of minced, raw garlic in with the butter and milk. Don't go overboard, though, as the raw garlic is pretty intense! Also add a lot of freshly ground black pepper.
Lemon-Glazed Spring Asparagus
You can prepare the asparagus itself any way you like. I like to toss it in a bit of olive oil and roast it until crisp-tender, but you can also steam it or even cook it in the microwave. This recipe is for the sauce-- and it tastes wonderful with asparagus no matter how you like to prepare it.
Serves 8. This is also an easy make ahead Easter dinner recipe, as the asparagus and sauce can be cooked separately ahead of time and reheated together before serving.
2 lb. fresh green asparagus, cooked crisp as desired and kept warm
3 shallots, minced
6 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/3. C. dry white wine
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Instructions: 1. In a large skillet, heat your olive oil on low heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook until both are tender and the garlic starts to take on color, about 8 minutes.
2. Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced slightly, about 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
3. Add your cooked asparagus to the pan and move it around until well coated. Don't allow it to stay too long or it may over-cook!
4. Serve immediately.
Creamed Pearl Onions with Bacon RecipeWith the onions and garlic and bacon, this dish is rich and wonderful and full of flavor. If you're wondering what to cook for Easter dinner to really impres your guests, this is the dish.
I've got the recipe for this dish on this page. It can also be assembled ahead of time so you don't have to do all the work on the day of your celebration-- a big bonus!
World's Best Green Chile Cornbread
This makes a sweet, moist, and wonderfully flavorful cornbread that is the perfect idea for what to cook for Easter dinner when you want something truly special. This stuff with disappear from your bread basket... that's a promise.
1 C. all-purpose flour
1 C. cornmeal
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 C. butter, softened
2/3 C. granulated sugar
4 lg. eggs
1/2 C. diced, peeled green chilies, chopped
1 1/2 C. creamed corn (the canned stuff)
2/3 C. shredded pepper-jack cheese
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously butter a 11x17" pan (or a 9x9" if you like a thicker cornbread).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
5. Beat in chilies, creamed corn and pepperjack cheese.
6. Add dry ingredients to this mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
7. Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean and top is golden. Now THIS is what to cook for Easter dinner!
Easter Dessert: Coconut Cake with SorbetSo, you've figured out what to cook for Easter dinner and your guests are delighted. Well, I think this rich and sweet coconut cake is the perfect ending to a wonderful and flavorful Easter menu. Accompanied with lime (or pineapple!) sorbet, it's got the perfect southwest touch which balances beautifully with the coconut.
You can find the recipe for my favorite Easter coconut cake on this page. And if you want to get really creative, transform this Easter coconut cake into an Easter bunny cake! So cute.
Free Newsletter and Monthly Downloads
Want your download now? You'll get a free Crockpot Cooking eCookbook just for signing up!
Sign up below.
You Might Also Like...
You'll find lots more ideas for what to make for Easter dinner right here! Check out:
Easter's on its Way
The date for Easter falls on April 20th this year!
Take a look at Easter Dinner and Party Planning for recipes, edd dye tips, assembling Easter baskets, and more!
And plan to make this adorable...
It's so cute, it may be the best thing you do this Easter.
2007-2015 by Divine Dinner Party.com. All rights reserved.